ES Engineering Services LLC (ES), a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, Inc. (Montrose), is seeking a full-time, Project Engineer who will be based out of our office in Irvine, CA. ES provides a variety of different services to its clients within the Water and Wastewater, Biogas, Petroleum and Solid Waste sectors. ES is part of a larger firm, Montrose, which is a high-growth environmental company offering Air Quality, Environmental Laboratory, Regulatory Compliance and Engineering services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government.
The Project Engineer is responsible for preparing basic and advanced reports and work plans in accordance with our Policies and Procedures and Standard Industry Practice. The Project Engineer is responsible for performing a wide range of field and office services at the direction of the Manager. As such, the duties are broad in nature, but may include the following:
- Perform environmental sampling including landfill gas, groundwater, storm water, soil, and soil vapor sampling.
- Inspect and perform operations and minor maintenance on field mechanical systems.
- Complete Chain-of-Custody forms and label samples, strictly follow regulatory handling and preservation protocols for various sample media and deliver samples to an environmental laboratory.
- Carefully document monitoring and testing results on field forms and compile field data into formal written reports.
- Interact with clients, present a professional appearance and wear appropriate PPE on job sites.
- Be responsive and keep Project Managers informed of site conditions and activities.
- Perform inspections and observe field conditions at project locations.
- Create CADD drawings and sketches; perform calculations
- Responsible for management of vendors, budgets, tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40 hour HAZWOPR environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes.
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.