ES Engineering, a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, Inc., is seeking a Vice President, Facility Operations. ES provides a variety of different services to its clients within the Water and Wastewater, Biogas, Petroleum and Solid Waste sectors. ES is part of a larger firm, Montrose Environmental Group, which is a high-growth environmental company offering Air Quality, Environmental Laboratory, Regulatory Compliance and Engineering services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government.
The Vice President, Facility Operations is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and field teams for all contracted operations and maintenance services. Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining a direct and open dialogue with each client. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage waste water and waste-to-energy operations teams
- Lead client contact for all operations and maintenance-related items/issues
- Prepare staffing and cost estimates for operations and maintenance contracts and/or out-of-scope work
- Ensure the safe operation of all operations teams and facilities
- Lead the chief plant operators and field operations teams and oversee all operations and maintenance activities associated with wastewater treatment and waste-to-energy plants, advanced water treatment facilities and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities.
- Ensure that all facilities and operations meet all applicable regulatory requirements and are operated in accordance with design criteria; work with each lead plant operator to maintain an operational protocol for how each facility/process should be operated.
- Lead teams to focus on developing and implementing techniques and methods of process control that will increase plant and operational efficiencies.
- Work with internal and external resources to oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of a site-specific safety plan for each operation.
- Oversee the identification of operation and maintenance changes that will be required based on plant changes, system/process modifications or new equipment.
- Work directly with clients to ensure that the relationship is in good standing and that the wastewater system/operation is meeting the needs and specifications of the client.
- Travel to visit each operation/team on at least a bi-annual basis and maintain a consistent line of communication with each lead operator; develop channels and/or meeting to ensure that all operators receive a consistent message and/or direction.
- Oversee the development and generation of out-of-scope work proposals; ensure that specific requirements are met and that all information needed is included in the proposal package.
- Assist in the preparation and job costing of operations proposals and contracts; prepare cost estimates based on team size, scope of operation and individual client needs.
- Assist with new business development efforts and actively market the firm and team’s capabilities externally; work to identify and solicit new clients to gain new O&M roles.
- As-needed, work with internal team members to respond to requests and contribute information in regards to new business opportunities that are being pursued.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.