Essential Job Functions:
- The Technical Director is responsible for production groups related to generating data and handling samples. They ensure the timely & profitable production of chemical measurement services.
- The Technical director provides staff development services, career path evaluations and ensures the lab staff is developing necessary skills and abilities for the work today and in the future.
- The Technical Director is the laboratory’s lead test & measurements technical resource, responsible for improving procedures and implementation of new technologies to reduce costs, and maximize operating efficiencies by effectively managing and developing available technology solutions.
- The Technical Director improves efficiencies by minimizing down-time and maximizing instrument through-put and assisting the Group Leaders in training staff to operate new & existing test and measurement equipment.
- There may be two technical directors within the same business unit as long as their responsibilities are separate and well defined.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate work scheduling and laboratory resource allocation
- Meet TAT, financial, and quality objectives
- Supervise and manage adherence to QA/QC, hold time and turnaround requirements
- Assesses production capacity, and provides solutions for human resources, technical, and quality issues
- Assign and clearly communicating operational priorities
- Allocate lab resources to meet client schedule & requirements
- Supervise Group Leaders, supervisors, and staff
- Assist with and conducting employee performance reviews and audits
- Projecting staffing needs: hiring and firing staff
- QA: Corrective actions related to staff training and performance