The Plant Operator is responsible for operating, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting the facility and its processes. This position is full-time, and to be based out of Mt. Crawford. The schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday, 11:30pm to 8:00am. Shift changes are possible and to be expected.
- Reads gauges, meters, charts, and graphs and records data in appropriate logs and spreadsheets
- Ability to operate a centrifuge for solids removal, DAFs and other wastewater treatment equipment machinery, and facilities by using manual, electronic, and computer control systems to regulate and control plant processes
- Collects wastewater samples for process control analyses and for permit compliance analyses
- Performs assigned laboratory analyses and reports results of testing and immediately alerts appropriate personnel of any non-compliance or out of range parameters
- Following prescribed instructions, determines amounts needed and sets feed rates for process chemicals in the wastewater treatment plant
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment as scheduled
- Maintains a variety of operating logs, records, and reports that require a working knowledge of common PC programs. Updates spreadsheets and interprets data and results of laboratory analyses
- Assists in the development of standard operating procedures
- Trains new staff members as assigned
- Maintains facilities, buildings, and grounds in a clean and orderly manner
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.