ES Engineering Services, a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, is seeking a Plant Superintendent for a large, anaerobic digestion waste-to-energy facility located in Providence, Rhode Island. ES Engineering provides a variety of different services to its clients within the areas Water and Wastewater, Biogas, Petroleum and Environmental Compliance. Specifically, the Biogas team is led by the Chairman of the American Biogas Council and is rapidly expanding its client base of anaerobic digestion facilities. ES is part of a larger firm, Montrose Environmental Group, which is a high-growth environmental services company offering Air Quality, Environmental Laboratory, Regulatory Compliance and Engineering services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government.
The Plant Superintendent is responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of the facility and a team of operators. Key responsibilities will include shift management, facility improvement and maintenance, daily and weekly record keeping, financial profitability, data gathering, report generation and safety compliance. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating independently in a demanding environment, while communicating closely with other members of the Biogas team in different locations.
- Lead the operation team and oversee all operations, maintenance and overall management activities associated with the facility.
- Ensure that the facility and operations meet all applicable regulatory requirements and are operated in accordance with design criteria; communicate and meet with local regulatory agencies regarding facility compliance with regulations and permits
- Lead the team to focus on developing and implementing techniques and methods of process control that will increase plant and operational efficiencies.
- Work with internal and external resources to oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of a site-specific safety plan.
- Oversee the identification of operation and maintenance changes that will be required based on plant changes, system/process modifications or new equipment.
- Recruit, develop and lead the full operations team for the facility; responsible for staff scheduling and ensuring the correct number of staff/hours to meet the operational requirements of the facility and addressing employee needs and performance
- Work directly with external clients and investors to ensure strong channels of communication and data flow; make certain that the facility/operation is meeting the needs and specifications of each client.
- Assist with and focus on procurement of consistent and profitable feedstock clients.
- Responsible for overall facility/project profitability; ensure that all purchases and staffing decisions are in line with financial goals, requirements and timelines.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.