Montrose Air Quality Services (MAQS) is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, a vibrant young company started in 2012, now just shy of 1000 employees in approximately 40 offices around the country. Our employees describe us as very fast, very flexible and lots of fun.
MAQS provides air quality testing, leak detection and repair services, and consulting services. Regulations drive the need for our services but our unique capabilities allow us to add value (e.g., new streams of income) to clients beyond environmental compliance. For our families and communities, we strive to protect the air they breathe, the water they drink and the soil on which they live.
This individual will primarily focus on assisting Project Managers and other Field Technicians in all aspects of testing projects. They will be required to work at elevated heights and will be consistently exposed to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Assist in preparation, deployment, testing/stack sampling, breakdown, and demobilization of projects and source testing equipment.
- Independently and effectively assemble, operate, and trouble shoot source testing equipment.
- Ensure project preparation is complete before going into the field; this includes glassware preparation, cleaning procedures, repair, calibration, and fabrication.
- Practice safety methods and procedures, and report all potential dangers, hazards, or unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Complete and submit all paperwork, forms, and timesheets in a timely matter.
- Ensure the company policies, standards, and procedures are adhered to.
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort, including lifting materials up to 50 pounds, and climb 200 – 300 ft. stacks.
- Assist with laboratory and shop functions, equipment maintenance, and service vehicle maintenance.
- Provide feedback to management regarding any customer needs or concerns.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to sixty percent, including overnight and weekends.
- Ability to work in industrial settings, outdoors, and/or at elevated heights
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain DOT medical certification.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software, such as MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.