· Quantitative sample analysis
· Preparation of data summaries for inclusion in client reports.
· Sample and standard preparation
· Instrument calibration and validation
· Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
· Maintaining organized records of sample preparation and analysis, equipment maintenance and data collected off site
· Maintain consumables and parts for instruments
· Overhead projects designed to improve efficiency of, or accuracy of analyses
· Communicating relevant updates to applicable people in a timely manner
· Performing other duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the Company
· Compliance with the Company's Quality Assurance Program and other policies
· Compliance with Company’s Health and Safety Plan
· Associates degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or related field
· An employee who is being trained, but has passed at least one IDOC will fall into this category and will usually remain an Analyst I until they meet all of the qualifications for Analyst II.
· 1 year of relevant experience (academic or professional) preferred
· An Analyst I will be able to perform much of their work independently, but needs direction from a Group Leader or more senior analyst to execute most effectively.
· Knowledge of analytical method, analytical instruments, general lab practices and lab safety
· Must be flexible in work schedule (including Saturday) and able to work overtime
· Well organized and have an attention to detail
· Good organization and communication skills