We are looking for a Sample Control Technician to work Monday through Friday, from 10:00am to 6:30pm. This position is full-time temporary for the first three months.
Sample Control Technicians are responsible for ensuring that samples received are documented and stored correctly. They are usually the first point of contact between the clients’ samples and the laboratory and, as such, are responsible for immediately notifying the Group Leader to receipt, volume, preservation, labeling, or other discrepancies that could affect the laboratory’s ability to efficiently and profitably generate complete and accurate sample results on time, and meet the expectations of our clients.
- Receives environmental samples into the laboratory according to Enthalpy’s SOPs
- Performs data entry of sample and test information into Laboratory Information System (LIMS)
- Label the sample containers, store them in appropriate locations and/or contact the proper department to inform them of short holding time and/or rush requests. Requires attention to detail while performing this task.
- Assists in sample bottle preparation
- Assists in sample management/archiving and disposal
- Assists in sample pickup or field sampling, if needed
- Assists in the coordination of daily field sampling/pickup schedule, if needed
- Participates in focus teams to improve efficiency
- Be flexible in work schedule including Saturdays and overtime when needed