Nautilus Environmental, a subsidiary of the Montrose Environmental Group, is a laboratory and consulting firm focused on helping maintain environmental quality standards through bioassay monitoring. We are currently seeking a full-time Analyst II to join our San Diego team. Analysts perform assays, analyses, and other tasks to meet the expectations of our clients by efficiently and profitably generating defensible data on time. An Analyst II has shown proficiency and depth of knowledge and will assist with the supervision of the group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Preparation and performance of bioassays on sediment, soil, and water samples
• Project scheduling
• Personnel supervision, time management, and operational efficiency
• Assist with hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions
• Assist with conflict resolution, personnel skills development and team building
• Preparation of data summaries for inclusion in client reports.
• Maintaining organized records of sample preparation and analysis, equipment maintenance
• Maintain inventory consumables and lab supplies
• Overhead projects designed to improve efficiency of, or accuracy of analyses
• Communicating relevant updates to applicable people in a timely manner
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the Company
• Compliance with Company’s Quality Assurance Program and other policies
• Compliance with Company’s Health and Safety Plan
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or related field.
• 1+ years lab experience in aquatic toxicology
• Knowledge of common toxicity assays, general lab practices, and lab safety
• Working knowledge of EPA, ASTM, and other related test methods
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, CETIS, and other data software
• Well organized and have an attention to detail
• The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work weekends as needed