Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, a vibrant, young company started in 2012, now just shy of 1,000 employees in approximately 40 offices around the country. Our employees describe us as very fast, very flexible and lots of fun.
Enthalpy Analytical is comprised of over 8 laboratories servicing air, water, soil and tobacco testing. Regulations drive the need for our services but our unique capabilities allow us to add value (e.g., new streams of income) to clients beyond environmental compliance. For our families and communities, we strive to protect the air they breathe, the water they drink and the soil on which they live.
The Project Manager (PM) operates as the interface between the laboratory personnel and customers, and are responsible for building strong client relationships. They make sure we are providing customers with the appropriate level of service and ensure the customer knows what to expect from the laboratory. This is for our Richmond, VA location.
- Obtain a clear understanding from the clients as to the project schedule and requirements; and set up projects
- Transmit project schedules, technical and turn-around requirements accurately to the analytical groups, and obtain their commitment to meet the requirements
- Manage incoming tasks, work, and priorities
- Work with operations to ensure adequate capacity, scheduling, and resource allocation to meet incoming projects and TAT. Proactively communicate to clients any scheduling conflicts, analytical problems, or questions that could impact either the quality or TAT of results
- Quality Management: Inform Operations & QA of impacts to either quality or TAT
- Assist clients with data interpretation & questions
- Review project's requirements (SOW, protocols, compound list, regulatory limits, etc.) and ensure that results meet project's requirements
- Issue Management: Work with Operations to resolve problems that may arise in any given project. Inform clients of issues when necessary
- Manage contracts, purchase orders, and task orders
- Adhere to company policies regarding data and client ethics
- Assist Sales with leads, simple quote generation and client's follow up calls
- Works with QA and Operations to identify and resolve non-conformance issues
- Generate sales from existing client base
- Provide information to management on potential client sales opportunities
- Competitive unit pricing when possible
- Exercise safe work practices by following Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.