- Conduct environmental collection, monitoring, sampling, testing and basic evaluation at various locations.
- Perform operations and maintenance (O&M) on environmental treatment equipment.
- Troubleshoot and oversee repairs on environmental treatment equipment.
- Oversee system installation and demolition.
- Assist in preparation of proposals.
- Operate field monitoring equipment including but not limited to: PID/FID, pH, EC, DO, GEM, turbidity, water level, and LEL meters.
- Carefully document monitoring and testing results on field forms and prepare field daily reports and data sheets.
- Collect samples using a variety of sampling methods.
- Complete Chain-of-Custody forms and label samples, strictly follow regulatory handling and preservation protocols for various sample media and deliver samples to an environmental laboratory.
- Interact with clients, present a professional appearance and wear appropriate PPE on job sites.
- Measure and record treatment operational data and monitor/optimize system operation.
- Enter monitoring data from the field inspection forms into electronic spreadsheets in Word and/or Excel format
- Ensure proper labeling and handling of hazardous material and waste.
- Be responsive and keep Project Managers informed of site conditions and activities.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical system issues or failures
- Manage proper disposal for hazardous material and waste.
- May conduct treatment system procurement and installation in coordination with Project Manager.
- Work with vendors, obtain costs and prepare cost estimates,
- Provide technical guidance/solutions and serve as the lead to other technicians.
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience performing environmental collection, monitoring, sampling, testing and basic evaluation.
- Must have a valid Class C driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40 hour HAZWOPR environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds such as monitoring equipment and tools, with or without assistance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Be able to deliver and receive electronic documents
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time/project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, must have legible handwriting
- Able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
- Familiarity with supervision of construction projects.
- Associate’s Degree in Environmental Studies or related, or technical certification
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed