Montrose Environmental Group, Inc. is a high-growth Environmental Services company offering (i) Measurement and Analytical services and (ii) Environmental Resiliency and Sustainability services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government throughout the United States and abroad. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates and policy experts are proud of our ability to objectively help industry, the public and regulators work constructively together on environmental opportunities
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing permitting, compliance management, regulatory guidance and technical analysis including the preparation of emissions inventories, air quality assessments, regulatory assessments, risk assessments, storm water, wastewater and hazardous materials compliance management. This position also oversees staff who will assist with project work.
· Oversee work product of technical staff
· Assign work to other project managers and scientists and develop junior professionals
· Develop and manage client relationships
· Advise internal professionals of air quality regulations and policies
· Actively participate in local, state and federal air quality rulemaking and policy development activities
· Identify and pursue new business opportunities, prepare cost estimates and proposals.
· Administer business functions relative to department operations (client billing, proposals, staff and business performance tracking, etc.)
· Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops
· Exercise safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs
· Participate in company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
· Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to: data entry, report figures, etc
· Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Biology, Chemistry, Math, Environmental Science or Engineering preferred. Alternative Bachelor’s degree with additional work experience is acceptable. South Coast AQMD CPP registration.
· 6+ years of direct experience in the development and implementation of air quality permitting and compliance management programs.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software
· Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Solid organization and time/project management skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work independently manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
· English language competency
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· Master of Science degree
Montrose Environmental Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
As permitted by applicable law, employment with Montrose is at-will.